1. NEET MBBS Admission and Reservation
An All India merit list of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (UG) and candidates shall be admitted to NEET MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the already existing reservation policy.
CBSE will provide All India Rank. Admitting Authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the Admitting Authorities.
Admission to NEET MBBS/BDS Courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2018.
(a) RESERVATION OF SEATS IN GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGES UNDER 15% ALL INDIA QUOTA :
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates,
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates,
- 27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBCC-NCL in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as Unreserved (UR).
- Differently abled candidates as per MCI guidelines are :
PH-1 : Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 50% to 70%
PH-2 : Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 40% to less than 50%3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates (only for locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 50% to 70%, provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the seats of respective category, as per Certificate of Locomotor Disability) in 15% All India UG quota seat. Detailed information in this regard is available on the website of Medical Counselling Committee www.mcc.nic.in and on website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare www.mohfw.nic.in Candidates who considered themselves eligible for this category are advised to ensure their eligibility by getting themselves examined at any Government Medical College/District Hospital/Government Hospital. However, candidates may kindly note that in case of selection under PH category, they will be required to produce Disability Certificate from one of the disability assessment boards, constituted at the four metro cities, mentioned below, before their scheduled date of counselling :
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029 (Tel No.011-26190763 & 26163072)
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai- 400034 (Tel No.022-23544341)
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-20 (Tel No.033- 22235181)
- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai-600003 (Tel No.044-25305301)
Reservation will be made as per 2200 point reservation roster. The mode of implementation of reservation will be available on DGHS website www.mohfw.nic.in.
(b) NEET MBBS Admission in State Medical Colleges / Universities / Institutions / AFMC / Private Medical Colleges for Seats Other than 15% all India Quota :
- Admission under State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory as notified by the respective State/Union Territory from time to time.
- The reservation of the seats in medical colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in State/Union Territory concerned.
- Admission to NEET MBBS/BDS Courses in Private Medical Colleges shall be subject to policies of the Government of India/State/Union Territory.
- Admission to AFMC, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates who apply for NEET UG 2017 and also seeking admission in AFMC will also have to apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in / www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. The short listed candidates will be required to appear for a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further and exact details.