(a) Pattern of NEET Entrance Test 2018 :
NEET MBBS Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at Examination centre only.
The duration of test would be 03 hours.
(b) Language of NEET MBBS Question Papers :
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper either of the following languages :
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English.
- Candidates opting for vernacular languages would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in selected language and in English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
(C) Scoring and Marking :
- Each item carries 4 marks. For each correct response the candidate will get 4 marks. For each incorrect response one mark will be deducted from the total score. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for an item in the answer sheet. The candidates are advised not to attempt such item in answer sheet, if they are not sure of the correct response. More than one answer indicated in a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- For the purpose of evaluation, the Test Booklet code as printed in the Answer Sheet on side-2 will be accepted as final.
How to Avoid/Reduce Negative Marks in NEET :
- Before ticking the answer read all four options carefully.
- Don’t attempt questions which you are not fully confident.
- Avoid approximations and random guesses.
- Record your answer in the OMR Sheet in a very clear manner.