NEET SS Exam Pattern 2018
1. Allocation of time for NEET SS 2018 on 10th & June, 2018 shall be as follows :
- Candidate Entry Time at Reporting 9:00 A.M.
- Counters Reporting Counter Entry Closes 9:30 A.M.
- Check-in Procedure 9:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
- Exam Start Time 10:00 A.M.
- Exam End Time* 12:45 P.M.
*Includes 15 min. of test tutorial.
2. NEET SS shall be conducted in all specialties for which the corresponding MD/MS/DNB degree is eligible for pursuing Super specialty DM/MCh courses in the country. This Information Bulletin for list of DM/MCh courses and their prior entry qualifications.
3. NEET SS 2018 shall be conducted in the following specialties :
- Emergency Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Respiratory Medicine
4. Test for General Medicine & Paediatrics specialty shall be conducted on June, 2018. The test for rest of the specialties shall be conducted on June, 2018.
5. The question paper shall consist of 200 MCQs with single correct response. There will be a separate question paper for all the above mentioned specialties. For example, a candidate with MS/DNB (General Surgery) will take the test in General Surgery specialty and a candidate with MD/DNB (Paediatrics) will take the test in Paediatrics specialty, irrespective of their desirous DM/MCh course(s).
6. The level of examination will be of PG exit level in the concerned specialty as per the latest curriculum notified / adopted by Medical Council of India in the concerned MD/MS qualification.
7. The duration of the test shall be 2½ hours.
8. There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
9. Acandidate can appear for only one specialty.
10. Eligibility for DM/MCh disciplines shall be as per the regulations notified by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India as per Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
N.B. For candidates interested in Medical Genetics but their PG qualification specialties are not included in the above list must apply in the specialty of General Medicine OR any specialty of their choice from the specialties.
For MCh Head & Neck Surgery Course, eligible candidates will appear in either ENT or General Surgery. Interested candidates with MCh/DNB in Neurosurgery, Surgical Oncology and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery shall appear in General Surgery paper.